Computer makes a different beeping sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran Belarc Advisor and I have all the hotfixes installed.

Here is a video of it: YouTube - different bios beep code

Sometimes it will do that and other times it will keep beeping continuous like the first beep until Windows loads up.

Do you have any video/audio of the continuous beeping? That one sounded like: one long, one short beep which, according to the beep codes, is a memory or mobo error. That may also explain the freezing.

Yes I do. I will post the second video tomorrow. It is taking forever to upload a video on youtube.

Shouldn't the beeps sound the same? The first beep has a different tone to it.

Here is the video of the continuous beep:YouTube - continuous beep code

Everything I've found about a long continuous beep points to a memory issue. I know you've checked all the cards and made sure they were seated properly. And referring back to hefemeister, did you make sure the video card was plugged into the power supply? I'm only asking 'cause I didn't see your response to his post and I don't know if you did. Yet another possibility is that your CPU is overheated, but that doesn't seem likely if you are just starting up the computer when this happens. If you look around this forum you will find a lot of temp monitoring software; I won't suggest a specific one because not all work on all systems. But to put you on the right track one is called CoreTemp. Most if not all are free to download.

Graphics card is what it sounds like to me. reseat card. make sure power in is property plugged in. Gigabyte's site is slow. If your board has onboard graphics try that or put another graphics card in to confirm.

Graphics card is what it sounds like to me. reseat card. make sure power in is property plugged in. Gigabyte's site is slow. If your board has onboard graphics try that or put another graphics card in to confirm.

Ditto that.

I reseated the video card and that didn't help. The card is plugged into the PSU. I put the ram in the other two slots, still no help. I know I am not overheating, right now I am at 35 degrees.

I don't think my motherboard has onboard video, at least I couldn't find anything about it in the manual.

I just don't understand why the beeping is a different tone than the regular beep. Have you guys ever heard it like that before?

Yep no onboard video on that board. Yes I have heard that beep before when my friend forgot to put the power plug in on his gpu. I have also heard that beep for bad ram. different boards have different beep codes. Do you have another gpu laying around or that you can borrow to confirm that it is the problem.

I had a different gpu in there just recently trying to figure out another problem and I believe it still did it. I will switch them out again to confirm this.

Thanks for the help so far.

I shut it down three times now and turned it backed on with a Radeon x600 installed, now it just sounds like the first video. It has not done the continuous beeping. After I shut it off for the day, I am going to let it sit overnight and see if it does it on a cold start.

I just did a cold start and it still does the continuous beep with a different video card. So I am guessing it is either the ram or the mobo. I will try some different things on the ram like switching them out.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but my PSU has 2 different 4 pin cpu connectors labeled cpu1 and cpu2. Would it make a difference which one is plugged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom