Computer locks up on booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
Hey Everyone,

I dont know where to start to fix this problem but this is what I have. When you turn on the computer 90% of the time it will give me an error message " Verifying Dmi pool data...
Boot from CD:
Disk boot failure, Insert
system disk and press enter."

and then you would have to restart 2 or 3 times to get past it and then windows start loading and everything is fine but it does that everytime you cut the power to the machine. Now today it just starting to act up at the Bios screen. It will lock up when it get to the bios screen. I poped the battery off the mobo and restart the cmos and I got past the bios screen then after the bios I got the computer started it seems unsable. IE 8 was crashing and windows live wasnt working saying service unavaliable.
What do you think is going wrong?

MotherBoard: M7VIZ

CPU: AMD Athon XP

Ram: 2 sticks of DDR 512MB PC2700

Hard Drive: Western Digital 500GB

Video Card: PCI-E ( Name of card unknown)

At first it sounded like something up with the hard drive but if it's affecting the BIOS too (and random stuff not working in Windows) I'd wager on the RAM; download, burn and run memtest86+ to test the RAM. Optionally, try each stick of RAM on it's own to see if something's up with one of them.

Power is what causes everything to operate. With a low or faultly rail anything that needs 12volts will suffer. And when is the Power Supply having to power to all the hardware, when it's 1st starting up and identifying it. Then the Hard Drive has to spin up and load Windows, if it's not the drive then I'm betting power. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom