Computer Loading Problem (Blank Screen/Hard Drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwahsun

Beta member
This is how it all started:

I got a new case for my computer and everything of my old hardware was installed correctly and things started to work. The first week of the use of my computer I started to notice a sharp, but quiet irritating noise that happened to be coming out of my hard drive (C: Drive). First I ignored and then things got worse. Next day I tried starting my computer and nothing would show up on screen. So the first thing I did was to unplug the plug on my C: harddrive and plug it back in. I booted my computer and it worked fine again. Few days have past and same thing started happening and I repeated my method until yesterday my computer just crashed. I was playing WoW when I started to hear the static for less than 2 seconds and my computer just turned off automatically. I tried switching plugs and got to the point where I gave up on my C: Drive and tried putting my D: Drive as my primary drive. Unfortunately it did not work. Usually when I experimented it would of atleast showed an error on screen saying something like "Please put the right bootdisk in..." or some other error but this time nothing showed up on screen but fans were running and everything, which made me feel that the problem can also be from somewhere else. Maybe an impact or a bad effect from the computer crash. I tried to see if my video card would have been the error and its not. I know that it can't be my RAM since I barely bought new pairs of 1gb sticks as well. Hopefully it would be the hard drive problem (and I ordered a new one, hoping it would be the solution). The part I am really questioning or confused is on the fact that nothing shows up on screen. Like I mentioned before, before my computer had the big crash I would put my C: Drive plugs in the D: Drive and it would show an error on the screen, but now nothing at all. So I am questioning the fact that is it only the hard drive problem but also another problem in my computer/hardware? Are both of my hard drives dead or what?

Can anyone help me out with suggestions and maybe confirm my uncertainty. I would really appreciate it, Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom