Computer lagging big time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bschaefer

Beta member
I use the free Avira antivirus and nothing has been detected. I defragged my computer, have plenty of space on the hard drive. I'm out of options and must turn to you professionals to help me ;).

I have a Toshiba laptop. 4 gigs of RAM, 320 gig hard drive, just over 1 year old. When I start my computer from off mode or stand by mode, it doesn't do anything for a solid 3 minutes.

That has been happening for a few days now. But now its lagging even when it's turned on and running. My music folder will take a minute or two to open, same with internet browser. It'll work fine for 5 minutes, then go right back to **** mode.

I tried on yahoo answers, but I got no relevant answers... only... (rabble rabble rabble!!! Defrag!!!!! Rawr!)

Please help. Thank you much.

Forever and always,

Bschaefer

Did you clean it out recently? The most important areas, the side vents. Take a can of air and blow it out.

Also show us a screenshot of HWMonitor.

During the three minute wait time between power down and boot sequence initialization, describe any physical activity (lights, noises etc) from the laptop as well if you'd be so kind. Also, any sort of lag when accessing your bios options, or a delay seeing what you type at the login prompt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom