Computer is lagging bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

og5

Baseband Member
I am having issues with my computer lately. It has an athlon 3200+ with 1 gb pc32000 ram and 2 hard drives with about 100 gb free. I mention these specs because my computer is acting like it has a memory problem, but I have a lot of memory and HD space free.

What happens is now and then, or whenever I start a program the computer pauses for 2 or 3 seconds and then finishes the task. I'm typing a paper in word right now and often the computer will stop showing everything I've typed, and then it wil all come at once. When I try to play movies, windows media player takes 10-20 seconds to load the movie and sometimes the movie will play choppy. Before the problem movies would load in 1 or 2 seconds and always play smoothly.

so far I've run adaware , antivir , "Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool", "CWShredder". Nothing has turned up anything. Any other suggestions?

THanks

Ok, I have foudn the problem. Adobe gamma manager loads bad at startup. When I end it through the task manager the computer is fine. Any idea how I can stop adobe gamma loader from starting at startup? (i can't find a icon to the program)

If you go to Start > Run, and type 'msconfig' on the command line, go to the last tab, Startup. There should be a list of all the programs that load on your system boot. Uncheck the one next to Adobe Gamma Manager and reboot. When your computer restarts check the box that pops up to tell you "not to show you again". Preferbly I don't like any programs loading at startup. This is a very important command line to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom