Computer Keeps shutting down after running multiple proccesss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty891

Solid State Member
alright im new to these forums but ive been trying to find this problem for 2 weeks now and this is my system specs

-AMD athlon 64 x2 4000+ 2.1ghz
-Asus nvidia 430gt 1gb ram
-(Not sure on the brand) 140gb hd
-650 watt powersupply (i wanna say rosewill?)
-2.5gb ram

When ever i run games/multiple windows/multi-task it just shuts down everytime like when i play runes of magic it shuts down 5 mins into the game time and i dont think its a video card problem cause i had a 8800 gt and it still did that tooo

Thanks for the replies!

Firstly, what are you temps for your GPU and CPU? Download and run HWMonitor and post up a screenshot.

Bloo_031
<----- right after running Runes of magic

Bloo_031
<--- Before

View here if the images dont work

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/Bloo_031/?action=view&current=temp2.png

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/Bloo_031/?action=view&current=Temp1.png

Same order

When i was playing the game it was bounceing between 90c-100c

That isn't extremely hot on idle, but that is still quite hot. Have you reapplied your thermal paste recently? Did you cleab out your heatsink?

Holy cow... your temps for your CPU are getting high on load... You should re-apply thermal paste on your CPU.

You should also clean out the dust if you haven't already.

Is this custom built or prebuilt (like HP, Dell, etc.)?

Edit: ninja'd by MoM.

cleaned out the heatsink last night and no i havent done the thermal paste for like 6-8 months this is a Compaq SR5113wm < model number how much is a tube of Thermal paste and were can i get it? and do you guys think this is the problem for me shuttting down ALOT

Like MoM and I suggested, try re-doing the thermal paste and we'll go from there.

If it's shutting down that quickly it's probably the cpu overheating or the power supply. If it's overheating that quickly it's probably going to be noticeable at an idle, so while it would be nice to see your temps under a load, it may not be necessary if you have any problems trying to run it that long. But post a screenshot of HWMonitor so we can see your temps and voltages.

Lol he did that already, Slay ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom