Computer keeps restarting and trying to install windows...

Joshking122

Baseband Member
We'll, I have a Desktop, and was doing a recovery on my computer.

I chose the reinstall windows to factory state option. So it was reinstalling windows, and dumb me. I thought the computer froze on the last part of completing installation. I shut down the computer.

Now, my computer is stuck in a non-stop restarting motion trying to setup windows again but an error keeps popping up saying that the computer had an unexpected shutdown that to restart the computer to continue.

It keeps doing this, but last night it did a chkdsk thing and it would get stuck at stage 2 so this time I did not shut the computer down, I let it do it things, and when I come back it was trying to setup windows with the same error 'click ok to restart windows and continue to setup'

So yeah.. I have no installation disk my computer came with none. So what to do?

Also, there is another option that to enter a installation disc, but I have no disc :(

And it would say if I tried to boot it, it would say failed because a required device is inaccesible.

What name brand and model number is this pc? Can you tap one of the F keys to access the hidden partition to do another restore on it?

worse case scenario....Contact the manufacture and order the disks needed for it. most places have something on their support page that lets you order a set of recovery disks. They usually go for $20 - $30. range

Last edited:
What name brand and model number is this pc? Can you tap one of the F keys to access the hidden partition to do another restore on it?

worse case scenario....Contact the manufacture and order the disks needed for it. most places have something on their support page that lets you order a set of recovery disks. They usually go for $20 - $30. range

What do you mean, 'Press F' I can't even access the accual computer.

It's in a non-stop motion of just restarting.

Also, I had a copy of the windows installation on this computer luckily.

What I'm doing is, I found out theirs a way to install windows off a flash drive.. So I'm currently trying to do that.

Last edited:
On many pc's (especially HP's and Compaq's) you tap an F key during post before windows starts up to access the option to restore from the hidden partition.
If your re-installing your o.s., then do not forget to get and install all the necessary drivers too

Back
Top Bottom