Computer keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again web people

So i discribed my problem to a guy who works at canadacomputer ( the plcae where i got my computer form ) he said most likely its the motherboard.

btw the funny sell is comming from the powersupply its 480watt dont know what brand but says deer on it. I dont see any black smudges on the motherboard.

I've never heard of that PSU, could definitely be the problem. Motherboard could also be the problem too though, so now you've gotta test. Do you have a spare PSU around, or another PC which you can borrow the PSU from?

Is there any way to diagnose if its my motherboard ?

I will buy a 500w psu tomorrow and try if it fixes it, also atm the problem with running any diagnosis is that the computer is most likely going to crash, like i mentioned earlier it crashes during memtest86 and even at BIOS.

Which is a good indication that the system can not get enough power to stay stable it the PSU has failed, or is failing, honestly, stop using/testing the PC, and try a different PSU, because 99% of the time, when your PSU goes, it takes nearly everything with it.

So i installed a new 550watt psu and so far no random restarts and no funny smell i think that was the problem !:big_grin:

also im monitoring my cpu tempratures they seem be around mid 40s to low 50s just want to check if thats normal or should it be lower? im not running any high end cooling etc just basic stock fan.

Hey just wanted to say thanks for all the help !
it appears that the problem has been resolved by replacing the psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom