Computer Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

trP

Beta member
Up until today my computer had run just fine, suddenly as I returned to my computer it was turned off. I was shocked at what had happened and tried to turn it on; no response. I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what exactly caused this problem and how to fix it. That'd be great, thank you.

PS: I am assuming it has some relation to my power supply, however I may be wrong.

After each of these steps, retry powering on your system:

1. Completely unplug and reconnect the power cord.

2. If you use a surge protector to plug your computer power cord into, remove it from the protector and plug the cord into your wall instead.

3. Plug the cord into a different wall outlet.

4. Replace the power cord on your computer with the power cord from your monitor.

Exhaust all quick troubleshooting options before submitting yourself to buying another power supply.

You could rewire the on/ off buttons (only igf you know what you're doing) or clear the bios and cmos

The computer doesnt turn on though, it just makes a single beep noise and dies. The only indication is that the fans twitch and the mobo has what appears to be power. Ill follow the steps and check it out. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom