Computer isn't starting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dakaggo said:
Alright so I put it up on the risers and the fans just kind of pulse when I put the power cable in and then turn off and the front LED continues to blink without actually turning on.
Reposted this here so others can help. Kind of busy at the moment.

As far as I can tell it's not grounded. What else could cause such a thing? His computer before this one had a fried motherboard but even then the fan ran continuously so I'm fairly sure that's not the problem. Is it possible the power supply isn't strong enough?

Did you try as suggested above? Removing the board and placing it on a nonconductive surface. Sounds to me like a ground issiue. I guess it could be the PS, but to be sure, you would have to look up power specifications for all the hardware and compare them with the power supply.

Did you try as suggested above? Removing the board and placing it on a nonconductive surface. Sounds to me like a ground issiue. I guess it could be the PS, but to be sure, you would have to look up power specifications for all the hardware and compare them with the power supply.

...I suppose I should try that. It's just such a hassle unscrewing everything it was kind of hard to get into place in the first place. Will cardboard work?

I think I have a different power supply but I'm not sure if it's any better than this one.

did you go into the computer and touch anything before you had this problem because you could have shocked something with a static charge which will fry it, sadly it happen to my mom's comp when her new hard drive was put in and i touched the ram and fried it =[ in some trouble there lol

did you go into the computer and touch anything before you had this problem because you could have shocked something with a static charge which will fry it, sadly it happen to my mom's comp when her new hard drive was put in and i touched the ram and fried it =[ in some trouble there lol

No I touched quite a few metal objects before I touched it. In fact I got a static shock about an hour before from a car. Even if that were the case it's more important to know what is theoretically fried than just knowing that someone shocked it.

I'll probably try to use a different power supply first and then remove it. It's best if it's just not seated right because then I have no problems with any of the parts but it's a lot easier to test the power supply first.

Okay, but if that doesn't work, I strongly back the idea of removing it from the case to find out whether it is a problem of the mobo grounding out or not. I've wasted tons of time and pulled my hair out in the past, only to find that the mobo was grounding out on the case. I know it's a pain, but will save you tons of frustration and time, not to mention money, if it is, in fact, just grounding out on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom