Computer help. works fine till desktop, then shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emc-Icon

Solid State Member
I got this problem last night, when i took my tower to my girls house. She didnt have a surge protector, jsut a powerstrip so i plugged it into that.

Worked fine until like 20 minutes into a movie it just shut off.. like an instant "gone"

I was like wtf, so i try to turn it back on, and it wont turn on unless i flip the switch in the back of the power supply to "off" and then back to "on" Also It shuts off in the same spot every time after i put in my password and it shows the desktop for a coupa seconds and it just dies..

It started in safe mode once (i havent found how to make it start in safe mode again...)

I had this issue on a different system previously (would shut off whenever i turned on WM9, and the problem turned out to be the motherboard) So im lost and confused..

Heres the system in case anyone can help
Athlon XP 2800Barton
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
Radeon 9600 AIW
2x 256mb Geil ram
1 512 corsair ram
80gb WD harddrive (system drive)
250gb removable maxtor
Skyhawk power one PSU
DVD/cd-rw drive
CD-rw drive

thats about it...

Oh yeah, for some weird reason this system will NOt recognise blank CD's.. it will play and read normat/burned cd's just fine.. but it wont read blank ones..

Oh yeah, the last thing i did before taking it out of my house was install PowerISO, if it makes any difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom