Computer has no sound, but the motherboard beeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SIS-755 points to the chipset not the actual make and model Socket 754 or 939 board. Plus a mobile cpu is for a laptop? The Realtek brand name points at onboard sound not a separate expansion card being installed.

The way to tell for sure is to look at where the speakers are plugged into if on a desktop. If you plug them in near the usb ports and just under where the keyboard and mouse go in near the top at the rear of the case that would be onboard.

One great tool for finding out just what make and board as well as cpu are actually seen there is the free System Info for Windows tool you can download at SIW | Download

The main information on the free tool is seen at SIW | System Information for Windows by Gabriel Topala That goes on quick and will give you a complete look at the system there. Click on "motherboard" to see what that shows and post back here.

I've done that, what do you need to know?

Model SIS-755

CPU SOCKETS 754

system slots 4 PCI 1AGP

North bridge sis 755 FX revision 01
South bridge SIS 964 revision 01

i really dont know what you need

Ok that confirmed the make and model socket 754 board you have there. Step #1 for downloading any updates will be to first check off the I agree box seen at SiS - Welcom to Silicon Integrated Systems Corporation.

Step #2 will be selecting the version of Windows or OS Linux or IBM seen there. Step #3 for type of update with #4 running into a big snag! SIS7012 or SIS7018? for the audio chip.

Your next step would be determing which would work from Realtek's own donwload options found at Realtek

One thing to add here is SIS's own chipset identifier seen at Support > Product Identification

Okay, done everything you say, extracted all the files, click setup and it comes up with the SIS driver install, but then only intalls half way and then just shuts down the installer, i'm really losing patience.

Can i post screens here to show you what i mean, or?
well here anyway,

SIS.jpg

SIS3.jpg

and then it loads and just stops, so that failed too, im currently downloading a realtek thing, other than your wisdom and help im planning on giving up, keep me sane please mate, i appreciate your help buddy :)

Are you seeing anything like "the latest driver is already installed"? The next thing to do if you haven't already done it is see the original drivers/software completely removed followed by a full restart of the system there.

Once Windows loads you should see the prompting for drivers appear where you browse to the folder where those were unpacked and let Windows perform the installation from there. That would see the drivers installed and made active.

At times you have to repeat the process all over a few times in order to tell Windows you are the boss and want them installed. I've seen that with separate cards added on as well as onboard.

Tried that, and didn't work.

erm, this was quite interesting, i installed the REALTEK HD AUDIO OUTPUT, only for it half way through to say microsoft serial bus needs to be installed.

so i went on this one site, and this lad wrote this :

Facing Installation problem KB888111 in Windows XP SP3 RC1 ?

First extract all the content of 'kb888111xpsp2' with WinRAR or any similar application like 7z, here you will find a folder named 'commonfiles'. This folder contain the 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio'.

After that you goto 'Device Manager' here you will find a unknown devices named 'PCI Device' in 'Other Devices' install 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio' for that device & after that install your sound device driver

This, still however, has not worked for me, so i'm kinda on my last legs, and feel i should just buy a new sound card, it may save all this hassle, and 10 pounds or so wont bother me cus this is just too much effort at the moment, what do you reckon?
ive literally tried everything you've said.

If you game a lot or run quite a bit of multimedia like listening to your favorite music or watch movies getting into a separate card with or without the onboard working is often the preferred option. It sounds like a stubborn install there however.

Even with a separate card installed I've run into a few occasions where you had to fight to get everything working the way it should. I saw that most on XP for the most part while Vista also has had a few occasions since corrected.

Have you seen any "other devices" listing in the device manager as that information points out? Working with 7 beta here I'm seeing that with a tv tuner card presently trying to get one or two drivers made active.

ok ive tried doing what this lad said. ive installed, a universal microsoft audio bus driver.

Facing Installation problem KB888111 in Windows XP SP3 RC1 ?

First extract all the content of 'kb888111xpsp2' with WinRAR or any similar application like 7z, here you will find a folder named 'commonfiles'. This folder contain the 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio'.

After that you goto 'Device Manager' here you will find a unknown devices named 'PCI Device' in 'Other Devices' install 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio' for that device & after that install your sound device driver.

With Regards,

Promathesh Mandal.

its worked for everyone else, so why not me, i cannot find the other devices and PCI stuff in system device manager.
any help at all with that one mate?

You have to look under sound, video, and game controllers to see if any Realtek items are seen there since previous attempts should see one or two items there.

na, nothing in there, because remember my above post, the realtek never actually installed.

never mind mate, you've done all you can.
cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom