Computer hardware problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneek

Beta member
Hello, I am new to this site yes, but not new to computer and I have a few simple questions, I have a computer that I have working and one I'm tring to fix now my questions are as follows.....

Is there any way i can run a computer diagnostic test from my working computer to my broken computer?
Second question is what computer diagnostics program do you recommend me buying, or downloading to find the problem with my broken computer.

*note* the broken computer no longer has a OS. I tried installing every OS you can think of and it freezes, so I want to run a diagnostic test on the computer

Hmm...doesn't have an O/S? Ok, but as far as testing from another machine--what are you trying to test?

The hard drive? Just plug it in on your working machine.
Memory? Find a computer with the same type (SD, DDR SD, DDR SD2), and swap it out.
CPU? Well, if it lets you install the O/S, or part way, you're probably in good shape.
Graphics? Meh, same?:)

When reinstalling, did you completely reformat the HDD? Reset the BIOS to default? Install the latest BIOS updates?

I can tell you from my troubles in the past, the PC kept resetting randomly, and occasionally freezing--it turned out to be the motherboard. Guess it was the soldering points coming a little lose, or something alike...probably not the case, however.

So...basically I'm saying, what do you expect this "diagnostics" program...to diagnose? :)

I want to run a diagnostic on everything from the CPU to the hdd i am using Hot CPU tester, but how do i test it from a different computer i guess is what im asking. thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom