Computer Hardware Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUnknownGamer

Solid State Member
recently bought a computer that was customized in custom gaming computer case I belive, it has blue lighting around the sides of the front panel, and a custom blue l/e/d fan on the left side where you can see through to the computer hardware thats installed. Here's whats installed, Windows Xp Pro, Amd 64 2.8 Processor, Ati Radeon 9550 video card. Im not sure how to find out what the mother board is.

Here's the problem...Last night I plugged the computer into the new Viewsonic 19' monitor I bought last night at compusa all night it worked great, and all day til 2 hours ago its saying No Signal, I plugged the monitor into my dad's desktop and it worked great. I took the gaming desktop to Compusa and they said its either the video card or the motherboard because the computer is not beeping, when it beeps sayings everything is okay but everything else is lighting up like the c/d room drive and the power on switch. Any idea guys?

For upgrades I know im gonna be upgrading the memory to either a Kingston or a Patriot 1 gb for a video card its gonna be a nvidia 7600 gs over clock or a 7800 gt.

Try taking out the video card, and plugging the monitor into the onboard video. If the monitor works fine, then you've pinpointed the problem to the video card. Try re-installing the drivers for the video card, update them as well.

STATus has it right, also make sure when you put the video card back in its seated properly

I've tried taking the card out of the slot, and rebooting it while the monitor was plugged into the onboard video nothing shows up cept for the no signal displaying on the screen. everything its pluged in right and nothin is loose.

I've tried that with the technician's monitor and it wouldnt even work for him. so I guess the mother board?

Would you guys recommend checking out the hard drive just to make sure its not the problem? because its making a weird beeping sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom