Computer hard lock and sound repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay at 1440 x 900 with a refresh of 75hz its reproducing the error on a regular basis, using the scanner, and still the abnormal load. Would have taken a screenshot but can't for obvious reasons. Managed to take a couple on my phone if you want some pretty pictures?

No it's ok, you may have 2 valid options here.
Find out the manufacturer brand of that card and ask them for help.
If they determine your card is having problems and they want to replace it I would do so.
If thats not option, you may want upgrade your video card.

If you prefer nvidia under 120.00 you might be able to pick up a GTX 550ti.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N550D5-1GI GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I have this card here
Newegg.com - PNY VCGGT5201XPB GeForce GT 520 (Fermi) 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

Between those 2, the speed and shader clock maybe down about 20%-30% but my games don't see much difference at all even my AMD APU agrees with it at times.

If your in to high end gaming the GTX will work for you, if your like me on medium range based settings the GT series is very good choice.

I wish I could try a small demo of elder scrolls and crysis 2, I heard both of them would handle way to well on a GT platform cards. :D

Sadly it was BFG and I've heard they vanished a few years ago....probably just after I bought my card lol

So guess its new card time. Sad to see it go:(

Thanks for all your help though, least we managed to trace the problem eventually:)

I've been putting off replying because I didnt want to jinx things but.....

I went ahead and ordered a new graphics card and it arrived on Friday. Ever since it came I havnt had a single lock-up, and this is with my old card! Seems the threat of being replaced has made it act nice again. Least I have it there ready for when it starts playing up again:)

Odd no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom