Computer getting black screen after installing new SSD. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Question Computer getting black screen after installing new SSD.

I just recently bought a new 64gb SSD and installed it into my computer as the case manufacturer said in the instructions. I did everything as planned, then plugged my computer back in, to turn it on and get a black screen. No bios or anything. I tried plugging it into my alternate display to see if that was the issue, and it was not the issue. I later tried booting the computer without the SSD plugged in which yeilded the same result as before. I hope to get help soon so i can get my rig running and install my OS onto it.

*NOTE: if this post is in the incorrect section of the forums, i ask that a moderator move it to the section that is right.

ROK99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: Computer getting black screen after installing new SSD.

Check and make sure you didn't accidentally unplug anything, also try to reset your BIOS/CMOS.

Ensure your monitor has power, try using different monitors, do the lights on your keyboard flash on then off? Do you get sound from your speakers after waiting awhile to determine if the OS has loaded?

c0rr0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Computer getting black screen after installing new SSD.

Solved. I got a new motherboard and everything ran smoothly. (i then got some ram and a video card)
ROK99 is offline   Reply With Quote