I poop on the rug
okay.. so 2nd strike on this ram/mobo... not sure which one to blame here

again here are my specs.. they're in my sig as well

asus p5n32e-sli plus
2gb ocz titanium ddr2 800
8800gtx
antec tp trio 650 watt

after many attempts.. trying both sticks in every slot... still no go

when i have the ram in it gives me 1 long beep.. and w/ the ram out 3 beeps.. i may have that backwards.. i'll have to check agian, but its something like that..

this has happened once before.... and i had my ram at its highest warrantied voltage (2.3v)... so i don't know why it would go bad when that is still in the safe... not sure if its something my mobo did or not... but i recently started having some random BSOD's and i dont know why.. when i first started getting them i dropped my ram speeds down to 5-5-5-15 2t to see if it would fix it.. and back to 2.0v... and it was working much better then... i also put all settings in the bios back to default. Then upon using it today computer freezes while i'm browsing the web and using aim... and i try to turn the computer on... and it just won't boot, gives me the beeps of doom

buh.. i've got bad luck w/ computers.... i'm thinking come christmas imma just scrap this asus board, grab a 780/680i, and some crucial ballistics..

welp... 1 stick of ram is working again.. maybe its a voltage problem in one of the modules.. imma try booting it up at 2.2v and see if that goes and works for my 2nd stick... at least i have a computer again.. and not my dads laptop...

ya thats what i was thinking... and i think it is the same stick that went out last time too... but i'm scared i might have to turn in both sticks for RMA.... and that would mean i'm out of a computer for a few days.. which i can't really live w/o!! lol

i have all my components out of my case right now and just sorta laying on my asus mobo box w/ the antistatic wrap under it... think i might try some overclocking again

and maybe.. w/ 1 gig... i might be able to overclock a bit better since 1 stick has been faulty... i might give that a go.. lol

everything is already running a bit cooler sitting out of the case!!! may also be due to the odd temp change in california as well.. lol

it's a good idea to keep a spare 512mb stick of DDR2 around for when you need to RMA memory. can get them for practically free

ya.. i should do that sometime soon, but as of now, i'm hella short on money due to me recently buying a gtx q6600 and p5n32e sli plus.. lol

*totally irrelevant to the topic*
asus probe says 32 degrees celcius for my cpu.. but i dunno if thats right on stock hsf... bios says like 40-42... AI booster says 37 which i guess is believable.. seeing as its 15 degrees celcius where i'm at

welp.. it appears as if it was a voltage problem in one of the dimms.. though i don't understand why 1 dim can operate at auto (which is i think 1.9v?) while the other can't? i have em both at 2.2v right now... i may end up trying the other stick alone to see if i can yield some better clocks and 3dmarks.. but.. its 4:30am.. so i don't see that happening until later on during the night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom