Computer freezing as soon as power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

poveren

Baseband Member
When I turn the power on, the screen with the motherboard picture (with the press DEL to run Setup line on the bottom) appears and looks like the computer freezes at that point because it wont load any farther, the keyboard doesnt seem to function either. The keyboard works on my other computer, so.... did I fry something lol.

Here's what happened that led up to this: was playing Painkiller, then suddenly the monitor went to sleep mode, tried to turn it on again with no luck, restarted the computer and thats where the problem appeared. Now I remember that Asus's PC probe turn on about 3 minutes before that, however the diagnostics showed that CPU and motherboard temperatures were well below dangerous levels. I do recall that the voltage tab appeared first, so could something have short circuited or something.

Thanks!

The situation with painkiller looks like problem with video. (Do you have ATI RADEON?) Sometimes, when it overloaded it freezes the computer or monitor wents asleep... Also there could be a problem with asus motherboard itself - sometimes there happen conflicts with RAM.

Make complete diagnostic with special software tools, if no good - go to service center to make it more accurately. They will say what had happened!

I use NVidia's 6800 extreme. Not really sure how to do diagnostics when the computer wont do anything past the first screen, I guess I'll be testing the hardware tomorrow thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom