Computer freezing, and Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I think it actually froze during the memory test. I left it for a bit and when I got back it wasn't doing anything, and when I hit esc to reboot, it didn't do anything. From what I remember it said

Test - 12%
Pass 18%

And there was like 96 errors. I believe it was on Test 4 if that makes a difference.

And now when I try to login, after a few seconds it freezes. I try logging in another user name and it works, so I sign out and go into my main one, but it freezes. I then try to log into a third profile I have and it freezes trying to log in.

This all really sucks too cuz I have a lan tonight lol.

And now I got a blue screen after the windows xp loading screen. 0x0000007F

Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Resolving the Problem

If you are not equipped to debug this problem, you should use some basic troubleshooting techniques.
Make sure you have enough disk space.
If a driver is identified in the bug check message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.
Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.
Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you plan to debug this problem, you might find it difficult to obtain a stack trace. Parameter 2 (the exception address) should identify the driver or function that caused this problem.

If exception code 0x80000003 occurs, a hard-coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but the system was started with the /NODEBUG switch. This problem should rarely occur. If it occurs repeatedly, make sure that a kernel debugger is connected and the system is started with the /DEBUG switch.

If exception code 0x80000002 occurs, the trap frame supplies additional information.

If you do not know the specific cause of the exception, consider the following issues:
Hardware incompatibility. Make sure that any new hardware that is installed is listed in the Microsoft Windows Marketplace Tested Products List.
Faulty device driver or system service. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.

If a driver is listed by name within the bug check message, disable or remove that driver. Disable or remove any drivers or services that were recently added. If the error occurs during the startup sequence and the system partition is formatted with NTFS file system, you might be able to use Safe Mode to rename or delete the faulty driver. If the driver is used as part of the system startup process in Safe Mode, you must start the computer by using the Recovery Console to access the file.

If the problem is associated with Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party remote control program. If such software is installed, you can remove the service by starting the computer by using the Recovery Console and then deleting the offending system service file.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the device or driver that is causing bug check 0x7E.

You can also disable memory caching of the BIOS might to try to resolve the error. You should also run hardware diagnostics, especially the memory scanner, that the system manufacturer supplies. For more information about these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

The error that generates this message can occur after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is finished. A possible cause of the error is lack of disk space for installation and system BIOS incompatibilities. For problems during Windows installation that are associated with lack of disk space, reduce the number of files on the target hard disk drive. Check for and delete any temporary files that you do not have to have, Internet cache files, application backup files, and .chk files that contain saved file fragments from disk scans. You can also use another hard disk drive with more free space for the installation. You can resolve BIOS problems by upgrading the system BIOS version

But honestly i would call this a RAM problem. 96 errors is a lot. With MemTest freezing that is not a good sign. I would test the RAM sticks 1 at a time to find out which is the problem stick and replace it.

It's actually just 1 stick, 2 GB's of Ram. And I've found out it's either the ram or motherboard, cuz I've put in my old motherboard which has my old ram and everything works fine.

I have a friend that has a stick of ram I can use with the motherboard, so that should tell me which it is.

Wow i've had some ram issues too for a few weeks now. Did just like all the ram just break at one time or something? heh

My Ram problems surfaced anytime the system was under stress and I think i've narrowed it down to a single stick that went bad on me. What's odd with my situation though is that the ram sticks giving me problems were perfectly fine individually. It's just when I run them together in any combination is when they have errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom