Computer freezing, and Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicktheQuik

Baseband Member
When I woke up this morning my computer had frozen on the Windows XP loading screen (the one before you login) which means at some point during the night it must have restarted itself.

I restart my computer, load up pidgin and firefox, and maybe a few minutes into it firefox closes out, says pidgin has to close, then I get the blue screen. I restart again, double click pidgin but then right away I get a blue screen. So Im thinking pidgin might be causing problems.

But now what it does, is just freeze. I cant move the mouse or do anything with the keyboard causing me to restart. It's done it twice during virus scans too, and then the rest of the times randomly. Sometimes right after I log in, sometimes minutes after. I've also gotten the blue screen once or twice more.

The blue screen says, "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

0X0000000A (0XC0147480, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X804FDED6)

STOP 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

A kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location without authorization. This STOP error is typically caused by faulty or incompatible hardware or software. The name of the offending device driver often appears in the STOP error and can provide an important clue to solving the problem. If the error message points to a specific device or category of devices, try removing or replacing devices in that category. If this STOP error appears during Setup, suspect an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup program.

At the top of the page here:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-troubleshoot-specific-stop-errors-193301/

If you could tell us what the offending file is, that would help out a lot.

hmm, I actually got a different blue screen this time.

0x0000007E

fltmgr.sys Address F796C05C base at F794F00, Datestamp 480251da

Is that what you're looking for?

And this time it was before the Windows XP loading screen.

How do I get to event viewer.

And what do you know, a third blue screen. This time I was trying to boot up my computer in safe mode, before the login screen though I got this,

c000000221 (might have been 4 0's) Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\system32\ntdll.dll

This time it didn't have all that hardware/BIOS stuff filling up the page, is was those 2 lines and that's it.

Alright I see Applications, Security, System and Antivirus. I've looked around the time I think it all started, and nothing is really standing out. I see some warnings and errors here and there but most of it is way after or way before it started. I mean I could be looking right at it and have no idea.

I did all that in safe mode though, I did a system restore to 2 days ago, it restarted, I didn't get the blue screen when logging in normally, but once it got to my desktop, all it showed was my wallpaper. No icons or anything, and I couldn't do anything with my mouse or keyboard.

I think the reason everything was missing was because the restore point was loading up or something. But even after the stuff loaded up, I got the blue screen again. But it didn't stay up so I don't know what the stop code was.

-----------------

Ok Im actually on the computer Ive been having problems with, and Im in sort of "so far so good" situation. It hasn't frozen, and I haven't seen the blue screen, is it possible that the problem just went away? I wanna run some scans, but on 2 occasions with 2 different programs I got the blue screen in the middle of them, and Im just afraid of getting it again during the scan.

Oh and I found some stuff in the event viewer that may be something I should bring up, it's about a driver I think. The file is loLogMsg.dll. Source: sptd

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Aavmker4
AFD
aswSP
aswTdi
Fips
intelppm
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
sptd
Tcpip

Those errors were all hours after this all started though.

Run memtest.

Load it onto a floppy/cd/usb

and set it as first boot priority and tell us if you get any errors.

Surprisingly enough i have very similar issues to you last year and it was a faulty stick of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom