computer freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.memtest86.com is not a website, i clicked on it and got an error.

Just thought I'd let you know...

EDIT: Fix the link, you put "www.memtest86.com,

You put a comma at the end of the link itself, gotta fix that :p

Please,Ephexx793! You don't have to add any ",", give me a break! I just clicked on the link and I got the web page and also you can just paste it on your browser.
Hey, Proevoman, any luck? Post with results.

well i dont have any installation cds or anything for the graphics card so didnt really want to uninstall it.

Tried the ram test but wasn't sure how to use it. 'enter disk image source file name'? whats that mean?

Well, you can Roll-back your drivers from the Device Manager instead. I mean, a clean install would be more recommended but...Do you know how to do that? Regarding Memtest, what kind of bottable media do you have memtest on? A CD or a Floppy? Once you downloaded memtest, if you're using a CD, you have to burn it and if the process finishes successfully the next step is insert the CD and boot, it should start automatically. Is that what you did?

I just went through all the same problems that you are going through. It ended up being that my video card was going bad. To be more specific the memory on my video card was bad. You will get problems similar to your system memory going bad except for the loss of system files.

Ok not entirely sure how i would perform a clean install on my graphics card. a quick talk through would be appreciated.

regarding memtest i just ran it off the comp. i will put it on a floppy and try that.

If you want to try a clean install of your graphics card then I would suggest going into Add or Remove programs and remove any graphics card installations and updates. Then I would remove your graphics card from your Mobo and get a can of compressed air and clean out your port for the card as well as the card itsself and reseat the card making sure it is in all the way. Then start your computer up and use your utility disk to upload any drivers and also go online to the manufacturers website and download the driver updates from online.

But like I said if it keeps doing this then it is most likely the memory on the card, you will need to RMA it through the place you bought it from or the manufacturer depending on the length of your warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom