Computer Freezes When I Install New RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the Capacitors, All seemed Ok to me.. I have all 4 sticks of RAM in now.. I'm gonna try to run the tests you sent me again.

You know what, I've had my comp on with the RAM and it's working fine.. I really think It only freezes when I play World of Warcraft..

Got some more Very interesting news......I tried taking out the Corsair RAM ( the 1g I originally had) and replacing those 2 sticks with the PQI RAM and It still froze. So..... I guess this means that I should have just bought 2 more sticks of Corsair RAM instead of the Pqi?

it doesnt freeze with just the corsair's? if so then update the bios it might help

That's right.. the Corsairs.. which I had originally for about a year work Great... It's when I use the PQI's that it freezes.. I'll try that

I Downloaded the Updated BIOS version (.bin file).. But I'm not sure how to update my Bios to be honest.

i made a bootable floppy/cd with the bios & update tool & a batch file that automates it , http://www.mytempdir.com/650365
check the readme

edit one thing i forgot to mention in that readme , if your gonna use the floppy creator better test readability before using as floppy disks arent so reliable , after creating it browse to the floppy drive select all files and click ctrl+c and after the drive light will turn off get the disk out , browse to some folder and put it back in and click ctrl+v to paste

Oh god.. I think I just made a big mistake.

I downloaded that file and burned it as a ISO file on a CD. I then booted my comp off that CD and it did some Flash BIOS, which I thought seemed correct. Now when I turn on my Comp it just beeps, nothing happens, Something tells me I deleted BIOS.......christ :angry:

Please help :confused:

i downloaded the bios & update tool from the link you provided on the first post , so it should have worked perfectly , are you 100% sure you got that mobo?

try resetting the cmos
rcmos6ap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom