Computer Freezes Up On Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightbulbsun

Solid State Member
I had my video camera hooked up to my PC via USB port cause I was going to upload my video files onto my PC. Well, it ended up taking ridiculously long for it to load up, then as soon as I clicked on "Import" it froze up completely. A blue screen came up so I ended up restarting the computer. Well now whenever I login it freezes up once I click on anything. It doesn't matter what I click on. If I click on the desktop background it freezes up. So now I have no access to my computer. Is there any way I can save this piece of ****ing ****?

It can't be the camera because I've uploaded my stuff onto there several times already without any problem.

Press F8 before the Windows loading screen appears. Select Last Known Good Configuration. If that doesn't work for you do it again but this time select Safe Mode and uninstall your video camera drivers and see if you can boot normally again.

Press F8 before the Windows loading screen appears. Select Last Known Good Configuration. If that doesn't work for you do it again but this time select Safe Mode and uninstall your video camera drivers and see if you can boot normally again.

The Last Known Good Configuration didn't work. I went into safe mode and uninstalled the camera software, and that didn't work either. It freezes up now before everything is loaded, and the CTRL+ALT+DELETE key isn't responding either.

Nevermind, it's working now. It just took really long to load so the computer froze up for a few minutes. I'm still keeping my camera software off of there cause it gave Windows a serious error which caused the blue screen to pop up.

Sounds like another piece of hardware is failing then. This could be a more serious problem. I would start with MemTest86+ which is a RAM test. If you don't know how to use it just ask and we can guide you through the steps.

Sounds like another piece of hardware is failing then. This could be a more serious problem. I would start with MemTest86+ which is a RAM test. If you don't know how to use it just ask and we can guide you through the steps.

I figured out how to fix this freezing up for a few minutes on login. Someone else had the same problem and they said it was a McAfee issue. The NT On-Access Scanner doesn't respond causing the freeze up. So as soon as he uninstalled McAfee the problem went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom