Computer freezes right after it's turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishi

Solid State Member
Hi, I recently built a new computer. It was working just fine for a week. Since yesterday, however, it freezes right after it's turned on. There is no error messages, no weird noises. All fans are spinning. I reset the CMOS. No changes.

The last thing that appears on the screen before it froze is processor make, speed and then DDR2 RAM 512.

Any kind of help will be deeply appreciated!

SPECS:

MB MSI|INTEL 945P Neo-F
CPU INTEL CELERON D 2.8 T 335J RT
VGA ASUS|RADEON EAX300SE-X/TD/128
KINGSTON VALUERAM 512M DDR2 3200
HDD MAXTOR|8M ATA133 7200 6L200P0
BENQ FIRMWARE DVD+/-R_DL DW1640 BK

I think I checked it but I'll try again. Do you think it could be a Power Supply Issue?

Hemmm... thanks. I hope it is the case. I hate thinking it's something else...

If not try booting in safe mode and going into msconfig through cmd. and removing any unneeded items. Be sure that you check to see that the proper windows items are booting up and that you dont uncheck them. Also check the boot config in dos. Make sure that you got the cmos jumpers back in the same place you found them working.

well, i can't get to the part when i can change booting options - it freezes before that and it's not responding to the keyboard

yeah, i've tried the RAM thing. no changes. basically, i turn it on, keyboard blinks, there is ONE beep and then that's it...

but I can reset it with the button on the front panel but it does not get any further

can u give us more info...im no expert but will do my best to help. What is the last thing you see on the screen? are there any #s? have you tried removing any media from the cd drives or disconnecting items and retrying? take one ram right out and try it and vice versa... take the cover off and check for excessive dust esp at cpu fan, maybe your overheating, make sure the cpu fan is working....disconnect usb devices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom