computer freezes, lag when typing, etc help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESPman12

Beta member
Recently my computer has been experiencing a good amount freezes, especially when my computer screensaver kicks in, as well as a large amount of lag when typing documents. Also my usb drives do not pick up hardware; such as a mouse or printer usb chords unless i reboot the computer with it already plugged in. I did aquire a virus called a HTML_IFRAME.HT but did infact have it deleted. yet I have done countless virus scans, adware scans and spyware scans but have not found anything and the problem still persists.

I also defragged my computer. So i am pretty much stumped as to what i can do to fix this. My laptops battery does need changing so is it possible that a dead battery could be causing these slowdowns? and if not what can i do to fix this

any help will be appreciated

If your laptop is still doing it when it's plugged in it has nothing to do with the battery. It runs solely on the outlets power. Just take the battery out and see for yourself. What virus/spyware scanners do you have installed?

It could be a hardware problem as well. First let us know what you have installed. After that we can give you a few programs to run to test if it's hardware related.

ya i didnt think the battery would have anything to do with it. but right now im using Trend Micro Pc-cillin, and ad-aware

Yeah you'll need something else. PC-Cillin is an okay virus program but there are better ones out there. Symantec Antivirus (do NOT get this confused with Norton, both the same company but much different programs) is the best out there. It's very expensive but there are ways of getting it for nothing and it's very simple to install. If you can't find that theres always AVG.

Ad-aware only detects adware not spyware. You need at least SpyBot on there. The best is SpyDoctor but it isn't free like SpyBot. Get those installed and post back here.

Also make sure to uninstall PC-Cillin if you do install another program. Antivirus programs absolutely hate each other :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom