computer freezes at HP loading screen. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2010, 05:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default computer freezes at HP loading screen.

I have had this computer for 4 years and have kept it perfect ever since because I guess I'm somewhat good with computers untill now. Recently I added another gig of ram and while I was putting in the stick I noticed a pin was damaged and completely curved. I fixed it to my best and managed to add the ram succesfully. Unfortunately ever since then I have experienced more BSOD's for example

And other bsod errors.

I'm afraid that ever since I installed my video card (GeForce 9800 GTX+) which was a HUGE video card and my memory I might have rushed it and maybe even damaged some pins ect. I took a break from pc gaming and did not touch my pc for over 6 months. I have just started and noticed my pc won't even load past the hp screen tried to hit (F10) for recovery but it won't even work. After some 15 tries it loads past it but BSODS after 30 seconds. I have considered reformatting but I want to save music/Internet favorites/ and other gaming stuff that I've played over the years. Also i'm noticing random proccesses and am starting to think that this computer is like a death machine with alot of probs, I kept my computer clean as possible with advanced programs "MalwareBytes" and "ComboFix" and "CCleaner". Im starting to think my bsod problem might be due to my big vid card probably damaging wires and my ram that I added that damaged that pin. *Basically what caused these probems and what should I do what are my options?

Old 07-22-2010, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via MSN to Desolation
Default Re: computer freezes at HP loading screen.

i would take out the new stick of ram you put in and see if the problem still happens. if it loads fine with out the new stick of ram id test it with mem test and if it fails then that's whats causing all your problems.

also what do you mean by a bent pin. was it on the motherboard or on the ram.

Amd Phenom 2 955 3.9 ghz
Corsair Dominator 1700 mhz
amd SAPPHIRE 6870
HAF 932 Full Tower
Corsair TX950W PSU
Windows 7 X64
Old 07-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Default Re: computer freezes at HP loading screen.

That error is often caused by bad RAM. Either RAM or CPU, an overheating CPU can cause RAM related errors for some reason, I finally figured out my HP 734n (AthlonXP 2600+) had its CPU overheating even though all the errors were RAM related (and memtest86+ threw a ton of RAM errors, yet the RAM tested fine in a different PC). After oiling the fan and making sure it was spinning faster, the temperature dropped and it stopped crashing.

Closed Thread