Computer freezes after connecting iPod - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2008, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Computer freezes after connecting iPod

I just got a brand new Classic 80gb iPod and the moment I plugged it into my computer I was able to register my iPod fine but when it started to sync it, my computer would just freeze. So I reboot and connect it again and the computer freezes a few moments later. Sometimes the computer freezes before iTunes even opens up and sometimes I'm even able to sync about 50 songs before it freezes. I tried syncing the iPod on another Windows XP (home) computer and it synced the 100 something songs I had on that computer just fine. I have about 700+ songs on my current computer that I use.

I should also point out that I had no problems at all syncing songs onto my old 5G Video iPod before I reformatted my computer and reinstalled Windows.

Any help would be appreciated.
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester @ 2.2GHz ... Biostar TForce4SLI 939 ... 2GB (1GB X 2) XMS Corsair DDR400 ... PNY 9600GSO 768MB ... 2X 7200.2 Seagate Barracuda 160GB ... Cooler Master Centurion 5 ATX ... Antec TruePower Trio 550W ... Windows Vista 32-bit Premium ... Acer H213H 21.5" 1920X1080
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On