Computer freezes after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzvii

Baseband Member
Lately my computer has been sort of freezing sometimes right after windows boots. I say 'sort of' because I can usually open Firefox before it messes up, and even after it's 'frozen' I can surf the web and stuff. I cannot open the start panel, or open any desktop items. I can fix this temporarily by restarting the computer via the psu switch on the back (the shutdown button doesnt work when this happens) This fixes it until my computer randomly restarts, which I also have no idea of why thats happening. Definitely not overheating, and I've noticed that alot of times it restarts right after I move the computer a little by accident.Anyone have any idea of what is going on?

Also, the power went out right before this started happening. Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I've heard that it's bad for computers to be on when the power goes out.

I think you have to takeoff the HardDesk power wire and reback it agine
if that not work try a new windows installation..or Check the PS because the MB may be doesn't take enough voltage..after your attempt tell us

Hardesk is the harddisk right? And you want me to unplug and replug? Sorry, not trying to make fun, just wanting to clarify what you are saying.
I'll try later today if I'm home, I gotta go now though.

I think you have to takeoff the HardDesk power wire and reback it agine
if that not work try a new windows installation..or Check the PS because the MB may be doesn't take enough voltage..after your attempt tell us

I tried reconnecting the harddrive power cable. Didn't help anything. Any other ideas?

I would try and run a spyware and virus scanner. Also you can try to do a system restore. At least try these things to try to rule out hardwhere problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom