Computer Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have a free version for personal use
sisoft sandra lite
it still has the benchmark modules
from theyr webpage

After i updated my video drivers everything is being crap i cant use normal settings in games and what not. I had to turn video acceleration all the way to none just to use my computer. Can somone help me fix this?

I take it you're using the appropriate ATI drivers for your card, I wouldn't recommend using drivers from the card manufacturer.

It does sound like your graphics card is faulty, do you have an older card you could swap out to to see if that works ok?

The freezing happened with my old graphics card also.
I just rolled back my video drivers so it stoped crapping itself.

Do you think it could be because of my motherbaord not being so great?

Was your previous card ATI? It might be that your have some corrupt driver files or reg enteries that are causing problems.

you might try unintalling all your graphics drivers completely then cleaning up your registry with an appropriate utility (I often use Regcleaner 4.3 by Jouni Vuorio).

To be honest I dont really have much knowledge of ATI as I've always used Nvidia, mainly because a friend of mine was always having major problems with ATI drivers, that was a while ago though...

Hold the phone.. Is that Kerio firewall you're using there?

Yeah it is kerio.

I installed all the lastest drivers from ATI's website and my computer is being fine so im going to play a game and see if it still freezes.

Cool, hope it works.
Though as a side note I've seen Kerio do some pretty bizarre things to systems, its very vicious. I wouldn't run it for choice unless you have a good reason to be very paranoid.

Kerio runs good on my computer. Its never caused me any problems and i like how it notifies me when applications change and before anything access the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom