Computer Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I closed every single proccess i had running then tryed to play a game and it still happened. So its not spyware or a virus.

Im positive it has nothing to do with temps. Its 20F outside and snowing a little and i left my window open all the way while i played just now and it still happened. In bios after i restarted system temp was 25C and the cpu was 36C.(i can see my breath in my room right now :eek: )

My comps specs are

3.0Ghz p4 800FSB 1MB w/ hyperthreading(36C last crash which was just now)
2 80GB western digital hd's(both were 23C)
a ATI radeon X700Pro(temp was 40C)
1 GB ram(2 X 512)
i have a lot of fans in my case
a 480w antec psu
this motherboard
a lcd monitor

Nothing is overcoloced at all also just to tell you. And i was playing Team Fortress Classic in windowed mode online.

did u update directx?
update windows
update your video card drivers
go to motherboard's support page and wodnload ann latest drivers and bios updates

basically just download and install all the updates u can find for every piece of hardware and dont forget firmware
check all the logs on ur pc and check event viewer
even if ur room temp is freezing cold at high load the cpu can heat up pretty quickly and cool down as quickly so log your cpu temp while playin
maybe your video card is overheating did u check the fan on it?

get a benchmarking proggie and run it coupla times in a row to see if anything happens

like sisoft sandra pro has a benchmark to check ur system stability and logs everything

directx is the lastest
windows is up to date
video card drivers - i dont know
my motherboards bios is the newest
event viewer doesnt have anything useful

I made a program that takes screenshots and logs some other stuff and last time it happened the screenshots looked like this
You can see i had everest running.
The icons for everst are
yellow cpu core voltage
purple power supply fan rpm (700 RPM)
2 blacks are hd temps
blues are gpu temps
red is cpu
green is system temp

weird
but if u dont know how old is ur video driver id update it just to be sure
maybe one of the components is faulty

Where can i get sisoft sandra pro?

I just upgraded the Driver Version from 6.14.10.6512 to 8.221.0.0 so lets see if that makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom