computer freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I wanted to know how many Processes you had running because if it was alot it could be that you have viruses or spyware, or just to many programs running that causes this.

I want you to make sure there are no burnt capacitors on the video card, make sure everything looks "normal" as in not broken, check to make sure Fan and heatsink has not accumalated alot of dirst or dust, if so blow it off, also blow out AGP slot and Blow off end of Card, place it back in and make sure its in good.

I was looking at it before today when i had my case open tightening things. It does look normal just like when i put it in. I reseated it already today. The fan on it is still going. And their are no brown spots or any indications that it has burned on it.

All I can think of is heat issue.

I want you to keep you case open while you play next time, and also try to make it as cold as you can in your room.

This happened to me all the time till I added more cooling.

Also it probably wouldn't hurt to post a hijackthis log and also download Spybot Search and destroy if you don't have it.

Both free, just google them.

Its a possibility that your power supply is insufficent, Im gonna have to say thats its not the greatest because Ive never heard of it and it only has 15 Amps on the 12V rail, But I also bet it has Cheap parts. but lets test the Heat theory first.

Edit: Im actualy gonna do something crazy and sleep now, so don't expect me to reply.

Its really cold outside and i left my window open last time i was playing(my computer is close to the window) and i posted that the last time it happened my comp temps were system temp was at 89F and my cpu was at 109F

I kno that i dont have the best psu and video card maybe i should get new ones if you think that its one of those that are the problem.

Edit: Its 2:15 here and i need to get up at 10 tommarow so im gonna go to sleep too:D

Do you think if i replace the psu and video card it will help?

Could you show me a good 450w - 550w psu on newegg.com or circuitcity.com

Also if you think its the video card could you show me a good one on either of those websites that can play games well.

I think its my video card. Is their anything that will do a benchmark test or let me see how hot its getting or test it to see if its working the way it should be?

I am almost positive it has something to do with my video card because it only happenes when im playing a game or doing many many things at once(like playing videos plus doing other things). I dont think its over heating because I have a exhaust fan right under it and a 120 MM fan right above it. I would like to know if their is something that will tell me how hot the video card is getting or to see if it is working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom