Computer Freezes

batjitsu

Beta member
Lately my computer has been freezing whenever i play games so i replaced the cpu, motherboard and gpu and tried old to new drivers did mem test and hhd test but still freezes. But when i swap out my motherboard and cpu with my old I7 2600k and z68x-ud3h-b3 computer doesn't freeze anymore and runs fine what will cause this problem?

Specs
I7 4770k
gtx780
asus hero
8gb gskill
hx750

Also all temps are fine nothing is overheating.

You may want to make sure all of your components are properly seated. It's possible that something may not be fully inserted into it's socket and therefor is not receiving enough power to operate properly. It may sound kind of insulting to suggest that to someone who knows a bit about computers, but we all make small mistakes sometimes. :)

Also, make sure that your RAM and CPU are compatible with your motherboard. You may want to check event viewer to see if there are any events that occur at the time the system freezes.

Testing the HDD would be the first thing to do before replacing anything. Then test the RAM.

You may want to make sure all of your components are properly seated. It's possible that something may not be fully inserted into it's socket and therefor is not receiving enough power to operate properly. It may sound kind of insulting to suggest that to someone who knows a bit about computers, but we all make small mistakes sometimes. :)

Also, make sure that your RAM and CPU are compatible with your motherboard. You may want to check event viewer to see if there are any events that occur at the time the system freezes.
Please don't necro old posts to boost post count. The guy never replied since the end of April so I doubt he's coming back.

Back
Top Bottom