Computer freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showman

Beta member
Whenever I turn my computer on, at different points during startup my computer just freezes. So it has become unusable. What happened was that it used to freeze sometimes while watching a video or playing a game, but this was very rare. But then it progressively got worse and it started freezing more and more during watching videos, and eventually it started freezing even when I wasn't watching a video. And now its gotten far worse, that I can't even use the computer because it freezes during startup. Also, I tried to disable the video card and see if that was the problem but it continued to freeze.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I know that it can be many things, but I have been told that it's most likely a hard drive issue. But before I go out and buy a new hard drive, I just want to know if that is what the most likely problem could be.

Thanks.

Yep...it's your hd. I once had that same problem but with a laptop. I thought I needed to reformat and reinstall os but darn thing wouldnt let me install xp. bought new hd and problem solved.
Scan your hd and if you see errors....it'll be the hd.

How can I scan my hard drive?...my computer freezes at startup so I can't get in.

what kind of harddrive is it ?
manufactures give out free software to scan the HD on boot form a floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom