Computer freeze / startup problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 10-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Computer freeze / startup problem

Since a few weeks, my computer began to temporily freeze on certain occasions and sometime, it even freezes completely, prompting me to force a reset. During a temporary freeze, the screen would usually get black and come back up, with a warning that the ATI driver had trouble and needed to be re-initiated. I also get some warning about ATI video card issue (flag on the right site of windows 7 bar near the date/hour) but when I follow the link and input my issue, I never get any solution or replies whatsoever.

I must add it only happens occasionnally, but more often while using Internet Explorer. It can also occur when starting windows, just after getting my desktop. When this happens, the computer usually stuggle a few minutes to load everything and then freezes completely until I manually reset it. Is there anyone familiar with this issue that can help me? Is it a hardware or a software issue?
Neowanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On