Computer freeze during CS:GO with high pitched noise

Gabb

gone
Only happened once in 3 hours of game play but I'm still concerned. The game just froze and a very high pitched noise was coming out of my speakers, only way out was to reboot. My gigabyte motherboard was flashing a 03 error which isn't even in the manual and I haven't found reference to a 03 error anywhere (I googled and checked multiple forums). I memtested my RAM for 9 hours with no errors. Some have suggested the problem actually has to do with my PCI soundcard X-fi extreme gamer issues with my mobo. How can I go about verifying or testing? I have updated all my drivers and the BIOS. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Computer specs are in my signature:

For starters, reboot your machine, go into bios.
Look at the configuration setup for your peripheals.
Under sound card, choose your internal, meaning realtek audio make it default always save the settings and reboot.
If your using that sound blaster for gaming I recommend you dont do it for intense MMO games.
If you really want to, setup realtek audio to be your main source for the gaming and such.
Adjust the volumes accordingly, then tell sound blaster to be the secondary sound card.
If you wanted to, you could switch back and fourth from the control panel.
Right before my sound blaster audigy died recently, I did it this way.
Saved alot of hassle, even though windows would get the profiles mixed up when it became too fragmented.

To be sure nothing is over heating check the cpu guage in bios and check and make sure volts are stable.

Hardware monitor is good for this in windows, search google or bing to get it. :)

Last edited:
I think my motherboard actually doesn't use realtek according to this review of the mobo: "Interestingly enough, while most manufacturers look to the Realtek ALC89x series audio CODECs, Gigabyte went a different route opting for the VIAVT2021 high definition audio CODEC support up to 7.1 channel surround sound. Almost nothing about the specifications are revealed about it save for the following:"

What would the purpose of doing the change in the BIOS? Shouldn't i set the sound to use the sound card? I'm confused.

Also I don't think it was temp related due to that high pitched noise coming from the speakers, usually in the past with older machines if they hit high temps they would just reboot or shut down real quick not freeze and emit a high freq noise.

For starters, reboot your machine, go into bios.
Look at the configuration setup for your peripheals.
Under sound card, choose your internal, meaning realtek audio make it default always save the settings and reboot.
If your using that sound blaster for gaming I recommend you dont do it for intense MMO games.
If you really want to, setup realtek audio to be your main source for the gaming and such.
Adjust the volumes accordingly, then tell sound blaster to be the secondary sound card.
If you wanted to, you could switch back and fourth from the control panel.
Right before my sound blaster audigy died recently, I did it this way.
Saved alot of hassle, even though windows would get the profiles mixed up when it became too fragmented.

To be sure nothing is over heating check the cpu guage in bios and check and make sure volts are stable.

Hardware monitor is good for this in windows, search google or bing to get it. :)

The reason why I told you to change your default sound card in bios, when windows boots up its going to look at solely which main sound card is default and choose it always.
Meaning, if you have your xtreme sound card installed, when windows reboots again, it will choose what it sees from bios.
I know its kinda hard to follow, but I had that issue for about a year, I found a way to stop it early last year and have not had a issue.
I also want you to check your system for any overheating, 03 error means that or something very similiar to it.
Thats why I told you this awhile back, check your vga temps while doing a game, if it starts to spin up too high that maybe a sign

The reason why I told you to change your default sound card in bios, when windows boots up its going to look at solely which main sound card is default and choose it always.
Meaning, if you have your xtreme sound card installed, when windows reboots again, it will choose what it sees from bios.
I know its kinda hard to follow, but I had that issue for about a year, I found a way to stop it early last year and have not had a issue.
I also want you to check your system for any overheating, 03 error means that or something very similiar to it.
Thats why I told you this awhile back, check your vga temps while doing a game, if it starts to spin up too high that maybe a sign

can you show me anywhere where it has a description of the 03 error for gigabyte Z77X-UD3H? I can't find any info on it at all, it's like it doesn't even exist.

So far my temps are about 60-80 C for my GPU
and 40-55 for my CPU

everything seems alright concerning the temps, its really hot in California right now though so hopefully the temps will go down for winter

run some testing with prime95, see what happens

also the code 03 may have something to do with your acpi setting in the bios.
If you reboot your computer right now, what does the code change to during post?

Do you let your computer go to sleep ? and if so is it possible that the time you froze up was after the computer had been to sleep at some point?

Last edited:
run some testing with prime95, see what happens

also the code 03 may have something to do with your acpi setting in the bios.
If you reboot your computer right now, what does the code change to during post?

Do you let your computer go to sleep ? and if so is it possible that the time you froze up was after the computer had been to sleep at some point?

I heard prime 95 is bad for Ivy Bridge chips and can actually damage them

Do you have a link to anywhere that talks about the 03 code? Because it seems like it doesn't even exist, I've checked the manual, gigabyte forums, googled it, etc.

Also no I don't put my computer on sleep mode

Back
Top Bottom