Computer Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skier

Beta member
I have a 4 1/2 yeard old PC, started freezing occasionaly, then every few minutes. No issues when booted in safe mode.
I tested HD which passed
Memory test, passed.

Re installed XP SP2 without any problem. No freeze untill i install Motherboard chipset drivers. As soon as i install MB drivers, computer starts freezing. FLushed CMOS, BIOS, updated BIOS without any problem. Updated chipset drivers, still freezes randomly.
Both FANS ar working in the CASE.

Motherboard NFORCE6M-A
AMD 4400 processor, checked CPU with hand, feels cool, no accessive heat.
I am thinking MB, since if it was PSU, it should freeze in both modes, safe and normal.
Any help to identify problem?

Well 1 thing to test is if this happens without the chipset drivers installed. If the system works properly and it is stable without them, you may want to just not install them and contact the mother board manufacturer and let them know of this issue so they can investigate it.

Well 1 thing to test is if this happens without the chipset drivers installed. If the system works properly and it is stable without them, you may want to just not install them and contact the mother board manufacturer and let them know of this issue so they can investigate it.

I uninstalled chipset software, graphics card, thinking maybe i installed outdated drives. I downloaded PC Wizard 2008 to make sure i dont have CPU or heating problem with MB. Everything functions normal after 2 hours playing around using PC, downloading, installing updates. Curently i m using generic XP graphics card which is slow as we all know.
I am thinking what may be the solution to my problem. I had good 4-5 years use of this computer and expecting more lifetime out of this.
PSU seems to be functoning normal, CPU gets steady 1.328 volts power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom