Computer-first post and bad with computers-ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't do what? Download the drivers for the Linksys card?

Do the same thing you did for the dell drivers... use the computer you're on now and transfer them over.

That, or just hook up the Dell computer via ethernet cable, and you should be able to get an internet connection that way.

Should be a model number on the card somewhere. Make sure it says WPC54GS on it somewhere, and that should be the driver.

I downloaded it, and it didnt quite work, it gave me a file, so I broke down the file and downloaded it onto the CD and then put it on the computer. None of the files are working/downloading anything

It should have given you a zip file. Inside the zip, you'll see a folder called 2KXP. Copy that to your desktop, and then open device manager > find the network controller > right click it > click Update Driver... > select "No, not this time > Next > select "install from a list or specific location" > Next > check "include this location in the search" > Click "Browse..." > Select the folder where you copies the files to (i.e. your desktop) > Click Next > It should hopefully find the drivers.

I did it! But a different way. THANK YOU SOSOSOSOSOSO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP AND PATIENCE. Last thing. What do you suggest I do now?

Glad you got it working, glad to help :). I would suggest you run Windows Updates, and get it fully patched and updated, as well as get an antivirus.

I suggest Microsoft Security Essentials; its free, and a good antivirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom