Computer fan noise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EwanTBC

Beta member
OK I have a problem with the amount of noise my PC is making. The PC is around 12 months old, perhaps a little more. I didn't have this problem when I first built the PC, so I'm unsure as to why I'm having the problem now.

After spending a while using a billion different programs to monitor my PC I've come to the conclusion that my CPU is too hot, which is causing my CPU fan to go into overdrive, which is causing the excess noise. It's too noisy even when I'm not doing anything, and is very noticeable if I try & watch a movie (720-1080p).

I think the problem is the temperature inside the case is too high. This causes the CPU fan noise when watching movies, and CPU + GPU fan noise when gaming (almost 100% on GPU fan & around 5800RPM on CPU fan). If I open the case the noise decreases, which is kinda what made me think the internal temp is too high.

I've probably forgotten something, so if you want anymore info I'm sure one of the programs I installed has it. I'm not too good with computers, bear that in mind.

So there's the background now here are my questions...

How can I reduce internal temperature without replacing the case, without huge costs involved? (The case has no slots for extra fans)
Why is my computer making more noise now than when it was first made? The inside has hardly any dust in it...

Thank you

Does the case itself have any fans? Or are the only fans you have is on the PSU, CPU and GPU? If you didn't have this problem before then some things to look at is your CPU load, there could be malware eating up your CPU time, or look at re-applying thermal paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom