Computer Fan Keeps Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodnarb77

Beta member
Hi, I purchased a new Compaq Presario v3000 about a month ago. I noticed a couple of days ago that the computer's fan just keeps going. Now, before I take it in to have it looked at, I just wanted to see what might be causing this problem. Given that my computer is brand-new I'm not exactly sure if it's a hardware issue or one related to my computer's settings.

Let me explain the problem a bit further. The fan keeps running continuously for up to hours. Even if it's been off for an extended period of time. Now, I know that the fan comes on to cool the computer but I don't believe it's suppose to stay on all the time. Especially since, all I usually do is surf the net.

I've update my bios and have run norton to check for any viruses or adware and it came up clean. Also, I didn't notice this problem until recently and I haven't changed any of my settings. Btw, I have a AMD Sempron processor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

So, wait... you turn the computer off...and the fan's don't turn off?

Are you sure it's off, and not in, say, Hibernate?

No, the fan's turns off when the computer turns off but they never stop running while the computer is on. I know that the fan comes on to cool the computer when it gets too hot. The problem is, my fan never turns off while the computer is on. I dont believe the fan should keep going non-stop.

The ambient temp in your house is probably more than the system can handle and keeps the fan running... it's pretty normal that fans run all the time... it's when it dies that you want to have it checked out.

The fan will always keep on running when the computer is on. The CPU generates heat constantly even during idle periods, just more so during load. So yeah, don't bring the computer in, they'll laugh at you lol:p.

reggie_da_man said:
The fan will always keep on running when the computer is on. The CPU generates heat constantly even during idle periods, just more so during load. So yeah, don't bring the computer in, they'll laugh at you lol:p.

LOL,, Yeah dude there's nothing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom