Computer is effed up the a. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default Computer is effed up the a.

ok, so got my comp finally, and the wire work was a joke, so i go and fix it, and put in 3 more HD's, all on slave, put in a IDE PCI card to hook up my 3 cd drives, and thats it. Go to start up, all the fan's light up, cathode lights up, cpu fan goes, hd's buzz do thier startup thing, and the monitor gives me the "No Signal." I've gotten this before, so i try a new monitor, same thing, new gfx card with both monitors, same thing, onboard gfx with both monitors, same thing. I thought that it was too much power going to different things, so i unplugged everything except the 20 pin and 4 pin connectors, put in the master hd and started it up, nothing. Reset the CMOS nothing. Took the master drive put it in a different computer, it ran off it. Tried a fail save HD w/ windows on it, nothing. So WTF IS HAPPENING!!! I just RMA'd the mobo and got it back... i'm thinking its the mobo, and i sincerly hope its not, but if it is then no biggie.

also i put in a new mobo, older kind, that worked before i connected all the other stuff, and it gave me 2 beeps. and the screen still didn't show, but if its a POST test thingy then 2 beeps are a parity circuit failure. So can someone explain that to me ?

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Computer is effed up the a.

Are you positive they're two working, fully functional and supported monitors?

Old 08-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

yea, im thinking its the mobo, i've had trouble with it before and rma'd it the first time i got it.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to phucng_10 Send a message via Yahoo to phucng_10

Alright, what you should try to do is see if your RAM will post in another computer. See if a buddy or family member that has a working computer, run Memtest86 on that RAM. Motherboard, you did try your GPU on another computer? Double checked all wires when you plugged them back in?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

RAM and GPU both start up fine on a different computer, so do HDD's. Also a different Mobo/CPU combo didn't work that worked on a different computer, so could it possibly be the PSU, and the mobo/cpu combo that doesn't work got shorted out by the PSU?

Old 08-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

Must be the case. ;P
Old 08-29-2007, 06:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

i think its the psu and it just fried the mobo... Could someone verify that this could happen?

Old 08-30-2007, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Custom User Title

does your motherboard/bios version even support the e4400?

Old 08-30-2007, 02:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to phucng_10 Send a message via Yahoo to phucng_10

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibaL View Post
does your motherboard/bios version even support the e4400?
Looks to me, like it does.

Gigabyte Intel 865G
FSB 800/533MHz

Intel Core 2 Duo - E4400
FSB 800MHz

If you're thinking it's a fried motherboard, you can get another one from Fry's Electronics or something and if it works then it must be the motherboard.