computer dosnt recognise sond dvd rw drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
i have a sony dvd rw drive which works fine sometimes but then it wont be on my computer and on device manager it has an exclamation mark by it. i have tried different IDE cables but that has done nothing.

please help i cant play BF2!!!

It could be a need to uninstall it and then go through the install new device if a Windows driver is the problem or the drive is wearing out on you. To uninstall the drive go into the device manager and right click on the listing there and choose uninstall. You will then need to restart the system and should see a prompt for new drive found. You then have Windows perform the automatic search for drivers to see those installed from it's own driver base.

ive tried that but it cant find any drivers, also on the device manager it says the file is corrupt. the drive only came in a static proof bag without any disks

i have a friend that has the same problem, a problem with the registry, the only solution i could come up with is reformat, a new drive won't help btw

Once you restarted did you go back into the device manager and right click on the drive or other device listing to choose the type of device to install? You shouldn't have to reformat a drive but try running the sfc /scannow command at the Run prompt if you have the Windows disk in the drive. That will often repair or replace anything found missing. Just about all new optical won't need a separate driver disk. Windows should detect right away.

Well if everything is connected properly that shouldn't be the problem, did you check out the Manufacture site to see what drivers they provide?

Another thing is check the BIOS to see if its activated or working properly, PSU could be another if it doesn't have enough watts. Just throwing out some ideas here :umm:

if the drivers of the drive are corrupted, they need to be reinstalled. What drive do you have? Ill see if i can find the correct drivers for it.

dont worry guys i just did a reinstalled vista, it works fine now, i had everything on my second hd anyway, thanks for the help everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom