Computer doesn't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
adding some info (bump)

i reformatted into winXP now... the bios battery was taken off and reseated by the technician so the settings should go back to the default but to no avail...

It's probably a bad component on the motherboard.

If I were you, and I really wanted to fix that motherboard, I would start by checking the capacitors and replacing any that look even slightly off.
Then I would reflow every solder point on the board that looks discolored/dirty/not super shiny.

After that, I would pour some liquid rosin flux over the Northbridge, and southbridge, make sure that it has a nice coat on the underside, and then heat it up with a pen torch or reflow station.

This will most likely fix your issue, but it's sort of hard to guess at what the problem is by your description.

If a computer won't boot, and you've tested each ram stick individually as well as together, then the problem is likely failing hardware on the board itself. You can pay someone to perform this maintenance on the board for around $150, but it's cheaper just to buy a new motherboard.

Of course I don't know because I'm not looking at the motherboard. It could just be something simple. I would suspect that during the first 5 reboots one of the capacitors isn't holding a correct charge, and it takes a few restarts to get it to hold the correct charge. This is a guess though, I don't know.

i want to do what you ask but im just an average guy, haha! don't know the components that much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom