Computer doesnt turn on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

u4ic_fln

Baseband Member
My Girlfriend went to bed last night, and left her computer on. When we got up this morning. The tower was off. The only thing on in the tower is the LED light on the front of the computer and the LED power light on the MB. There is nothing else happening. No fans. No movement. Nothing. We've made no hardware changes in her computer for months.

When we hit the power button, the LED light on the MB dimmed for a second, but then came back to solid. We've tried turning the power switch (on both the power strip and the back of the computer) off, and both lights turn off when we do that. But as soon as we turn the power switch back on, both lights come right back. We've also tried unplugging the power cord for 15 seconds, and nothing changed.

Ive never seen the power light on the front of the computer turn on without hitting the power switch. I think it might be power supply. But I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

if you do not know what the cmos jumper is to reset bios, then remove the circular battery for 10 seconds then put it back in

if that fails, there is a chance your psu is dying

i went to the store and got a new PSU... hooked it up and all the fans came on... so i figured we were moving in the right direction... however... before i even tried to hit the power button to turn it on, there was a red light on the front of the computer... its not the power light... i think its normally where the HD light is... so i thought that maybe the HDs werent connected properly or it was loose... i unconnected the HDs and plugged them back in, and now, none of the fans are working again...

ive also noticed that the green LED light on the MB is no longer solid... it now flashes... what does that mean?

i tried resetting the bios and nothing new happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom