Computer doesn't seem to "fully" boot up - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

first of just to make sure the psu is handling your system , please remeasure the voltages with the multimeter and report back

try these:
while the pc is off ground yourself by touching one of the case sides, disconnect the power cables from everything the floppy/hard drives/optical drives/case fans etc. also disconnect the main atx connector and then reconnect it all and see how it goes , also make sure the graphic card is sitting tight also that the cable between the graphic card to the monitor aint loose , if that didnt work then if you got more then 1 stick of ram try each one seperatly (disconnect 1 of em and if still will be same then reconnect it and then disconnect the other) , if those didnt help then its gotta be the graphic card or mobo , test the graphic card on a friend's pc or another pc if you got one

Old 03-25-2006, 10:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

After checking a new CPU in the system, and the voltages checked by an expert, it became apparent that it was the motherboard causing the problem. I oredered an Asrock P4VM800. I plugged everything in, everything starts up - I go into the Win XP loading screen for a few seconds, before the flash of a blue screeen [of death!] pops up, at which point the system reboots. I will post more info on the Blue Screen ASAP, but for now are there any BIOS settings I could change to try and fix this problem?

Closed Thread