skt 478 P4 2.8ghz
MSI Pm8m-v Motherboard
2x 512 sticks of kingston value ram pc3200
thermaltake soprano
430w thermaltake power supply
55gb western digital hd
120gb maxtor hd
sony cd/dvd reader

Ok I had taken the heat spreader off and everything has been fine since then. I had noticed today that the heatsink and cpu connection was loose (Like the contact) and wanted to try to bend the clips to make it tighter. My dad came up with the idea of just pulling on the clip moounts at the top to make it tighter and while leaving the heatsink on the the cpu he pushed and pulled to try and see if his idea would work. I finally came up with the idea of lets just put the heat spreader back on. So I just put some of my thermal paste on and it fit snug and put it back in. Now when it goes to boot it goes black at first a little longer then it would and then goes to post, right after it finds the cpu and ram speed it goes black and thats it. Usually when I turn the psu switch on the computer goes on. What could be wrong? When my dad was trying to make the heatsink tighter did he mess it up or did me putting on the heat spreader kill it as well?

EDIT- I did put thermal paste between the heat spreader and the cpu core. I did not touch the core with my hands the whole time we did this put did apply maybe a great deal of force to it while my dad tried his idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom