Computer doesn't even startup, no startup tone, urgent help needed thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

eighthleaf

Beta member
Hi, i'm a newbie to the forum. I recently have a problem with my desktop computer. On two weeks back when i was playing a game my computer made a electric spark sound and i immediately turn the system off. Then i open the system and i smelt somethin burnt. Then when i turn it on again, it's just literally doesn't startup. When i press the power button nothing come up on the screen and theres no startup tone as well. There is power in the system, because the fans is working. But that's about all that's working in the computer. So i took it to repair, they said it's the cpu. So i got a new cpu with warranty. But when i put it back in, it still doesnt work.

Does anyone have any idea, whether it's the cpu or the motherboard which are broken?? Because the cpu from the warranty was in a poor condition when i recieved it.

Thanks guys for reading this long story.
I would very appreciated if anyone could share their opinion on my problem.

Thanks!

Sounds like a power surge to me which could mean any number of things that went wrong. The first couple that come to mind are the mobo and the psu. But since you said that the fans are working it's more likely to be a motherboard issue than anything.
Also, where did you take your computer for repair?

Check the connection from the PSU to the Motherboard...either a 20 pin or 24 pin connector. I have seen PSU's surge and burn the connector at the mobo...fans still work but the mobo would be fried (and a new PSU was needed as well). Probably it's the mobo, but could be both.

Thanks for the reply. The repair i went to is a local store in Australia. Not a huge store. I guess i will try another repair store.

Thanks for the help guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom