computer dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepinggamer

Solid State Member
ok so i have a computer that i built my self its a AMD athalon xp 2900+ on a Abit KV7 motherboard with a ATI radion 9000 pro video card with 2 sticks of 512MB ddr PC3200 memory running Windows XP.

as of late when playing games or just doing anything that uses a little bit of my prosesing speed it will die the first time it will take about an hour then after that it only takes about 3-5 min for it to die again

when it dies it gives no warning or errors just dies now when i hit the button to turn it back on it wont turn back on but when i turn the powersuply off for a few seconds and turn it back on it will start back up like nothing happened.

when it first started i thought maby it was overheating so i took of the side panel and put a desk fan pointing directly at the cpu and downloaded the Program Speed Fan it still did it some times it would die at about 48*C and sometimes ive even seen it as high as 58*C

so i thought maby my memory was bad so i through some of my old PC2100 in that i know works and it still does it anyone know what i could try next im lost

hmm so i stole my parents PSU and threw it in my comp but nope did the same thing so idk what to think or try next

uuummmm, try seeing if the power to the psu is good. check and see if the surge protector is shorting or if the wall outlet is bad something like that.

um the PSU i use is a 450w max and the PSU my parents have is a 300W max would it require more power you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom