computer died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z e i g

In Runtime
to start i havnt been on here in way too long, so if this is the wrong thread im sorry.

my computer died months ago, its just a messed up software issue, cant really be fixed, i think it just needs a complete rebooting and new os put on, i cant do it cuz it wont read the cd i put in cuz the cd i have u need to open a file to work it, so ya.

its an easy fix for anyone whos really tech savy (im not) but idk where to go to get this quick fix... atleast for anything under 300$!!

unless theres a saftey cd i can buy or somthing, what shoudl i do? who can i take this to? i really want my comp back cuz in oen more year im getting a new laptop..

please help, thanks!!

Sounds like you copy of your OS wasn't burned as an image. If you pan on wiping your drive try installing Windows 7. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx The RC is free and it is going to be awesome... I am running it right now.

Just be sure to burn the ISO as an image. Check the stickies in the Windows forum for programs that can do that, or search the forums on how to boot/install from a flash drive (how I did it).

uhm.. i dont know how to burn thigns as images, coudl someone give me a step by step on what to do that i can print out while i do it all?
thanks

oh god idk, my friend made it for me.
but how do i turn a folder file on a cd into a picture file..? that is if thats what i need to do.
pleeease help.

can i just go buy a cd with a cheap out of date OS on it and then just use that to load my Vista dvd?

P.S. anywhere i can download a free rescue disk for a dell dimensions 2400? its an XP, idk where that part is supposed to be put in the name. i found some on the net but they are $50!!!

thanks again!

Download an ISO file of the operating system you want.

Download a program called imgburn. Open the ISO file with imgburn and then click burn.

The Official ImgBurn Website

What are the specs of your computer? It might not run windows 7. Windows XP can still be bought, such as here: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows XP Home SP3 for System Builders - Operating Systems

All you'd do with that CD is pop it in and follow on screen instructions, but the truth is you shouldn't have to pay for it. You should have a cd key on your computer's case somewhere. Then you can just borrow someone's CD, or find one online (a legit one will be hard to find, but cracked/pirated ones are everywhere).

it seems 5 hours with dell support did the trick! im on the computer as i type lol!
thanks for the help tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom