Computer Cuts out when i press the power up button!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i have plugged the 4pin in, i will strip it all down 2morro, to see if anything is the problem

Ok, well I have now taken all the parts out and installed it all over again, though only connecting the PSU, CPU, RAM, Fans and Mobo. And the problem still happens.
I have tried many different Ram, and PSU...I know the Mobo is working as the green light goes on.
It just leaves me to the CPU.

Does anybody have any other ideas?

Spec is:

PSU 500ws
Asus Socket939 bundle with A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard and retail boxed AMD Athlon 64 3200 ADA3200BPBOX CPU
512mb DDR 3200

Hope you can help?

Is there a switch on the back of the PSU if so and you haven't already try playing with that. If thats not the case, then theres pretty much 3 issues; Either Wiring, Mobo Short, or Defective Mobo. It would be nice if u had a spare mobo that worked with that CPU.

Also try powering it up with no case fans connected, see if that works.

P.S. Did you use standoffs in between the mobo and the chassis?

what video card? I have had a number of people do there own builds and then call me frantically wanting to know why the seems to power up and then just shut down in 2 seconds. If it is a newer ati or nvidia card did you plug in the Molex power supply connector to the video card!!!!! Take every thing out and start over!! Put in the mobo and the cpu and heat sinc, psuand one stick of memory and make sure the keyboard and mouse are connected. If you power up and you see the LED's on the keyboard blink once you can now add the video card. Generally, if the keyboard LED blink at POST in a minimal system, you on the right track and the system POST has aldeady gotten past the CPU!!! Just be patient and let us know what is happening!

UHT_Chris said:
If it was a mobo short, how do i come to fixing this?
well if you put the wirings on the wrong pin on your mobo, that could of short out your motherboard. you can't fix it cuz it's dead. RMA? ;)

mike4realz said:
well if you put the wirings on the wrong pin on your mobo, that could of short out your motherboard. you can't fix it cuz it's dead. RMA? ;)

The input wirings to the front side won't fry the board. They are techically only jumpers. (reset, power swtich, hd led and power led). You can't put the 20/24 atx connector or 4 pin connectors in incorrectly unless you used a hammer!! Do what I suggested ablove and let us know what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom