Computer crashing and blue screen need HELP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Computer crashing and blue screen need HELP

Hey guys so recently I built my first gaming computer. Things haven't been going great I've had a few crashes during games which I believe have to do with outdated graphic drivers but nothing really that bad. Then yesterday after reverting back to old graphic drivers for my radeon 5770 since the current drivers were causing problems. I started playing napoleon total everything was running well no lag or anything then it just crashed but unlike the few times before I got the blue screen and then my computer restarted and was okay for about a minute or two and as soon as tried to run internet explorer it crashed and gave me the blue screen. It did this 3 times in a row and so I just shut it down and haven't used it since. I'm starting to get really frustrated since this computer is only a month old and already have problems. Any ideas on whats wrong really need help?

Old 05-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Computer crashing and blue screen need HELP

What was the Stop error on the blue screen?

It could be overheating, amongst other things.

__________________ Steam Account
Old 05-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Default Re: Computer crashing and blue screen need HELP

When you rolled back, did you clean the old ones out?

I'd boot to safe mode, run something like driversweeper, or another type program, to completely remove all aspects of the old one, then reboot and install the old driver that was fine.

Its quite posible, reminants of the unhappy driver is still inplace and causing BSODs
Foldie = i7 950@ 4.0Ghz Gigabyte x58a-ud3r EVGA 970 SC Corsair H100 Corsair hx520 3x2gb OCZ Gold Corsair 650D
Woohoo = L5639 @3.1Ghz EVGA SR-2 gtx 260-216 Hyper 212+ Corsair 1050hx 6x2gb Corsair XMS3 Blackhawk Ulra
Alienware 18 - SLI 770M 4700mq 16Gig

Closed Thread